The ever exquisite lulugal from How I Save Money has taken it upon herself to get my business out all on the net…
She wants me to write about this Obsessive Thoughts thing. The rules are simple:
- Link back to the person who tagged you
- List five of your obsessions
- Tag five other bloggers to list their obsessive thoughts.
Behold my five obsessions.
- Freedom/Justice – It’s difficult for me to find words that express the intense emotions that fuel the furnace of my passion for freedom and justice. At times I don’t fully understand it myself, but I am able to at least recognize it. (I don’t like being told what to do for starters. Any rules that aren’t mine are stupid! lol jk.) No really, I get all burned up inside when I feel I’m being treated unfairly or someone is trying to inhibit me in some way; however, I extend this same sentiment to other people who are being treated similarly. It quite literally enrages me. When I see people sad and suffering, it makes me sad too. I dunno maybe I’m highly empathetic. I hate jerks that go out of their way to hurt and belittle people. I loathe selfish individuals on teams that bring a team down. I’m no super hero but I will ferociously challenge anyone who does those kinds of things. Something in me just goes off like a bomb. And rest assured I will not quit until I have brought back some sort of equilibrium. *roars like a lion*
- Improvement – It wasn’t until I was tagged to write down what my obsessions were that I could actually postulate an idea behind this one. Some people might consider this anti-social, but I have a tendency to analyze anything and everything, pinpoint it’s strength and weaknesses, and find ways to improve it. People do not like being analyzed. So you know, I don’t tend to tell people exactly what I think about them and their ideas until I know them very well. But this isn’t limited to people, like I said anything and everything. At work I’ll try to improve on systems or work flow, or for a business I’ll deduce the reasons why they aren’t making money or why their marketing campaign isn’t working. Here’s a fun one: Have you ever noticed the landscaping on a building? When architects design the walkways for people why is it that they never consider the natural ways in which people walk and instead focus on the aesthetics of the building? Case in point: the majority of people take the shortest route possible to any destination. This fact is easily proven by noticing the artificial paths that grow out of people constantly trampling over the same plot of grass. So why oh why do they make sidewalks that take the long route, when it’s quite clear that the lawn is being murdered and the sidewalk is not being used? — things like that. I am highly analytical–which is dangerous I’ve been told.
- Knowledge – We wouldn’t be humans if we did not seek to retain and expand our knowledge of the universe. However, I’d wager only a handful of humans can actually say that they obsess about knowledge or information. In my life I’ve learned that the only thing ever standing in your way of doing something is having the right information. To make matters worse I’ve also discovered that a lot of the times people, businesses and organizations hide this very essential information from you in order to make it more valuable to them. Like for example, you go to a site like Yahoo! Answers, and ask Yahoo’s Internet crowd “What is the best stock to invest in?” — a common answer to that is — if i told you then it wouldn’t be the best stock to invest in. Ironic isn’t it? Anyway, I consider it a sport of sorts to unveil the truth behind certain aspects of life, and this is the only way I know to get ahead. As a result I ‘ve become better at finding the information I need. I always want to know more, and I always have a million questions to ask if you let me. I dunno how many spiral notebooks I have that are dedicated to simply connecting the dots of a solution to a larger problem. (to date probably 9)
- Reality TV - finally something nonsensical. I rarely watch TV, but when I do, I watch Reality TV! Flavor of Love, I Love New York, Ultimate Fighters, Viva la Bam, Rob and Big Black, Top Chef, America’s Next Top Model, I used to watch Real World and Road Rules but not anymore, Flip that House, What not to wear, Celebrity Fit Club, Surreal Life, Kept, Apprentice, Hogan Knows Best, Work Out — damn that’s quite a few. Some of the one’s I dont watch: American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Top Design, Survivor, Great Race or whatever it’s called, Inferno and there’s more that I can’t think of the names of because I don’t watch them!
- My Next Great Project – You might think I was a mad scientist or something but I always have another great project in the works. Founding my fraternity was one project. Starting my small biz is another. I’ve spent countless nights drafting plans, drawing diagrams and researching information — which is a curse of mine of course. Even forojuan says I spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing — fine, that’s a fair assessment. I have notebook upon notebook of ideas. Millionster was once such a notebook.
Ok I think I’ve written enough for now. Shall I name my taggees? Stephanie, Madame X , and Golbguru. Oh and of course my friend Melanie from Galvanized has an awesome post about Obsessive Blogging Disorder which you should check out!